Winter Aurora Photo Workshop
Join nature and landscape photographer Iurie Belegurschi on an Winter Landscape – Photo Workshop in Iceland that’ll totally knock your socks off. The focus of the workshop will be Ice and Night Photography (Northern Lights and Milky Way if weather permitting). Photo Workshop will be based in the Vatnajokull region of South East Iceland with good access to the Jokulsarlon Glacier lagoon.
The focus of the workshops will be:
Of course, no trip to Iceland in Winter would be complete without you bringing home some stunning images of the natural play of lights in the sky called the aurora borealis. The name is derived from Aurora, who was in Roman Mythology, the goddess of the dawn, and Boreas, the Greek name for north wind. Northern Lights are visible in Iceland if weather permitting from September to March.
Our Winter Photo Workshop also includes a trip to the Ice Caves – one of a kind patterns made entirely out of ice shaped by years and years of interaction between ice, snow, and air. Nature is the sole dictator of how these patterns form, which is why it’s always an amazing experience to see the different patterns of Iceland’s deep-ocean blue Ice Caves. To those who’re familiar with Superman’s arctic hideaway, this is as close as you’ll ever get to it in real life.
Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and famous Ice Beach
We will visit few times Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon during our Photo Workshop. The lagoon is filled with massive icebergs in different shapes and sizes. There are also a lot of seals who live in the lagoon itself. It’s also been the site of many Hollywood movies that have used the area’s majestic views to augment the background of the scene. The beach at Jokulsarlon is often littered with beautiful glacial ice which has been further sculpted by the Ocean. Winter mornings can offer unique opportunities to catch the first rays of sun behind the glacial ice chunks.
Our Winter Photo Workshops always have a flexible itinerary, so that participants can maximize the existing weather conditions.
Some of our Locations :
- Reynisdrangar – Basalt sea stacks
- Vik – Black sand beach
- Fjaðrargljufur canyon
- Vatnajökull – the largest and most voluminous Icelandic glacier
Workshop Outline :
- Concepts of Landscape Photography
- Visual Design and Composition
- Understanding and Working with Light
- Long Exposure Methodology
- Working with Filters
- Star Trails + Scenic Astrophotography
- Basics of Timelapse
- Post Processing for Web and Prints
- and more …
- 11th- 15 December 0 places left
- 23th – 27th February 0 places left
- 4th – 8th March 0 places left
- 23th- 27th March 4 places left NEW DATES
Price $ 2300 USD per person for 5 days workshop.
- Professional photo guide
- 4×4 Transportation
- 4 nights accommodation at guesthouse near Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon , rooms with wash basin and shared bathroom with shower
- Full board during workshop
- International flights
- Accommodation in Reykjavík
- Alcohol, snacks and beverages